Widow & Widower Support Programme
The widows and widowers support programme of the foundation is also an essential programme that the foundation undertakes. Since its inception, the foundation has continued to support widows and widowers in specially organized events twice yearly (April and December). The desire to support widows and widowers hinge on our knowledge of the many challenges confronting most widows and widowers in Nigeria. For several reasons, most widow lack help. Many either do not have children or are economically empowered children. Some are denied access to late spouse wealth for reasons linked to cultural practices. Besides, some men would not allow their wives to work while alive, thus exposing the women to untold hardships after their demise.
- Evident of being a widow or widower who needs assistant
CATEGORIES OF GRANT
- Necessity items ranging from food items to other household essentials
- Unconditional cash disbursement
- Trade support
- Annual progress report from each beneficiary
WIDOW AND WIDOWERS GRANT SUM
- 200,000.00 per widow or widower in cash or kind per time.